Capt Yvette ter Wolbeeck
The SA Air Force’s support and participation on an
operational exercise with the German Forces named as:
“Exercise Good Hope III” was over the period
18 Feb – 18 Mar 08 at AFB Overberg.
This combined bi-annually exercise is aimed at enhancing and
maintaining comprehensive defence capabilities within the
The visit of the German Task Forces were the forth to South
Africa. This exercise is designed to demonstrate friendship
and military cohesion between the nations.
The SA Navy and German Navy merged together to exercise
maritime warfare and seamanship.
The SANDF involvement was:
- Cheetahs from 2 Sqn at AFB Makhado
- Command and Control from AF Mobile Deployment Wing in
- Oryx Helicopter and Cheetahs from AFB Overberg
- SA Navy with their Frigate.
- German Navy warships
- German AF – 6 Tornados fighter aircraft, 2 Lynx Maritime